Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The $21 challenge

On one of the websites I occasionally go to and also receive newsletter emails from Simple Savings, has just produced a new book called : The $21 Challenge.

I read about it in Thats Life magazine last week and thought, "Hey, this could be doable on a monthly basis" It could also get those of us who are in the supermarket a number of times a week, menu planning properly, so we can get it down to once a fortnight or week at the most.

So I've done a pantry stocktake. I haven't reached the freezer yet, but I had to throw a lot of food ($$$) away that had expired. :( But now I know what I have in there, I can start on a two week menu plan for dinners.

I'll do the freezer this afternoon, to find out what food is in there.

I'm reckoning, that on the second week, we should only need money for fruit, veges, milk, eggs and bread perhaps.

So I'm going to give it a try. So week 1 will be a regular grocery shop, but with 2 weeks shopping in one, shopping out of my pantry first. Week 2 will only be top up with a limited amount of money being spent.

This also means no Takeaway's for 2 weeks. So I'm going to have to menu plan properly.

Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment